Pages

Saturday 27 December 2014

Top Ten Books in 2014: Young Adult

Although I didn't read half as many books as I did last year, I have to say I did came across more books that I loved a lot this year. So even though I've read less than 50 books this year, I enjoyed nearly every one of them and it'll take me a while to think up of one I really dislike a lot. Anyways, in no particular order, here are the top ten books I've read in 2014!

***


There You'll Find Me

I usually avoid the what I like to call 'depressed-over-loss-of-family-but-since-we-have-this-awesome-and-hot-male-protagonist-everything-becomes-rainbows-and-sunshines' sort of books mainly because they're unrealistic most of the time. But a girl immune to a rock star's charm? Totally my cup of tea. I fell off the bed laughing at Finley's snark.


In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)

Admittedly, it was a really thick book and I skipped pages several times, I really enjoyed it.  Twists and turns at every corner, and Bracken has this way of writing that makes the book 'unputdownable'.


Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)

It's April Genevieve Tucholke after all. Everything deserves 100 stars.



Magnolia

<--- this award goes to Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden

It's like Romeo and Juliet, but the reverse. Still swoon-worthy though, no doubt.


Starbreak (Starglass, #2)

Mmm, aliens can be more than a friend too.



Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)

Ignifex is not a beast. He is utterly alluring and charming and strange and beguiling and mysterious and attractive and enticing.



The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)

Politics are usually not my cuppa tea, but the whole book screams genius from the cover to the plot and I  l o v e  it.


The Storyteller

If you like to experience emotional torments of happiness, frustration and depression, The Storyteller is for you. 100% feels guaranteed.




Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)

Laini Taylor has this gift of writing that doesn't makes you see words but feel them. I bet she could write a trashy story but I'll still love it.

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi


Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)

Aria and Perry's relationship is probably one of the most realistic ones I've ever read. They actually understand each other and accepts as who they are and I think it's pretty sweet. The world building and secondary characters were really good too.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bundles of thanks to all that comment!