Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Legacy (Night School, #2) by C. J. Daugherty

Legacy (Night School, #2)
In the last year, Allie's survived three arrests, two breakups and one family breakdown. The only bright point has been her new life at Cimmeria Academy. It's the one place she's felt she belongs. And the fact that it's brought dark-eyed Carter West into her life hasn't hurt either. But far from being a safe haven, the cloistered walls of Cimmeria are proving more dangerous than Allie could have imagined. The students and faculty are under threat, and Allie's family - from her mysterious grandmother to her runaway brother - are at the centre of the storm. Allie is going to have to choose between protecting her family and trusting her friends. But secrets have a way of ripping even the strongest relationships apart...

***

When I first saw this book at the library, I nearly squealed and did a happy dance. I loved the first book, Night School, a lot. So now, I'm trying to read this book as slowly as possible to prevent myself from 'consuming' it in a day or even faster. Yes, I can read that fast. Well, for my age (not bragging!).

Warning: Contains spoilers. If your eyes can't stand it, please avert your eyes away.

If I say there's a love triangle, you might snort and say, 'Understatement of the year.' Because it is!
But if I say, there is a love triangle that actually doesn't sound cheesy, you'd better think again 'cause that's one of the things why this book rocks. I'm sick of reading sloppy cheesy triangles. If you've read the first book, you may think (and possibly protest) that she's with Carter. I'm gonna ask you, what about Sylvain? You might want to change team though because in this book, Carter becomes transforms into an obsessive jerk. He doesn't even let Allie near Sylvain. Of course! Because of what Sylvain did in the first book! You might protest. In this book, Sylvain really shows that he's sorry and does lots of kind stuff to her. And Carter? He doesn't approve, of course. He still thinks Sylvain is horrible. So now, I don't know who she'll choose. Thanks a lot, Daugherty. (But I do have a sneaky feeling with who she'll end up with, but with a very lame reason and that is none other than Carter*)

Enough lovey dovey stuff. The plot. Some astonishing things are revealed but I wouldn't say what. Only  that things start to get serious and now Allie's in Night School. She's training hard there and now her classes are ummm moved to a harder and more drilling class. Intermediate class if I can remember clearly enough.

I really don't know what to write without giving away spoilers so here's 3 things you can expect:

1. Someone close to Allie got murdered. (Duh. I mean, isn't this a murdering school?)
2. She finally meets somebody she hasn't seen for a period time (or so she said).
3. More... stuff about her grandmother. Yay.

*Reasons why I think she'll end up with Carter:

In most typical YA love triangle, she'll end up with the 'old' guy. In other words, the first guy.

Plus, Carter is hawt and intelligent (I mean, yeah, probably even more than Sylvain) and I've just got this hunch that Daugherty would want her to end up with a more 'perfect' guy. Not to be repetive, most the time, the main character ends up choosing the first guy because 'she has loved him since the beginning of dawn'. Right.

She still kinda has feelings for Carter.

4.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bundles of thanks to all that comment!