Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Top Five Books of 2013: Young Adult


Edited 9/12/13

Why the hell does this post has the most number of pageviews? This is seriously freaking me out.



Edited 10/12/13



I figured out why this is the most shockingly popular post... Most entries came from http://blog.largeheartedboy.com/. You can't blame me for having a heart-attack, this is quite a quiet blog.

***

Despite having a rather high-staked exam this year, I still managed to read quite a considerate number of books (ummm... over a hundred).

Unlike most, I've listed only 5 books as my favourites. Because only these five are really my favourites.

Enough talk, let's get rollin'!

(Books listed are read in 2013, not published in 2013)

1. Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by

Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)

Leigh's stories are always brilliant so anything she writes is my favourite. Period.

2. Champion (Legend #3) by

Champion (Legend, #3)

Prodigy and Legend were one of my favourites that I've read in 2013 but I don't want books of the same trilogy/series here. Not to mention, Champion is my favourite of all three. And that ending!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3. Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)

Étienne St. Clair and Anna Oliphant, where were you all this while? You guys are as adorable as puppies and kittens!



3. Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by



Aether storms, Perry, Aria AND Roar! I loooove Roar EVERYTHING.

4. Scorched (Scorched #1) by

Scorched (Scorched, #1)

I love dragons. Who doesn't? Plus, it's action-packed from the beginning to the end. My type!

Okay... The dragons here aren't that terrifying...

5. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between #1) by

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1)

















To be honest, I wouldn't really call this terrifying but again, without meaning any offense, I find all the 'creepy' books as creepy as Casper who, of course, is as horrifying as a tissue roll.

However, I love the beautifully gothic and dark feel to this book. I didn't mind the insta-love at all, although others may disagree. I'd support this statement but I don't want to give away the spoilers so... yeah.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bundles of thanks to all that comment!