Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Shiver (Shiver, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater




WARNING: MILD SPOILERS!!!

Notice: I read this book more than a half a year ago so there may be some facts about the book incorrect.

People.

LET'S HAVE A SNOOZEFEST, SHALL WE? 
Because this book has won the 'Most Boring Book' award!!! 
Let's applaud and cheer as loudly as we can while this book receives its award, shall we?
I forgot, books don't have hands.

Now you basically know that THIS BOOK IS VERY BORING.

The Plot

FORBIDDEN LUV!!!

*gags*

I bet the whole trilogy is about the challenges Sam and Grace overcomes to be with each other.

Dear me. It's boring.

And Sam. He behaves in a not-very-manly way. I can't remember what he did, but I do remember that his behavior is very not typically guy. It's almost like, I hate this word, he is a gay. But there's Grace so no.

It's a wonder how Sam managed to stay in her room and not get caught by Grace's parents. He did, eventually, but was it in the second book? Yeah, I continued, although given how boring it is.

The book's all melancholy that they can't be together. Even when they snog, there's always a kind of sadness between them. You know this famous line?


'... me holding this moment that was as fragile as a bird in my hands.'

See? Got what I mean?! They every time they kiss, they do it like it's gonna be the end of the world. PUH-LEASE. I don't think there was any fun snogging time. That two's just all serious serious serious. Oh and the weather in the story made it so cold and depressing too.

STOP THIS NOW. I WANT HAPPINESS. CAN'T YOU AT LEAST WRITE SOME CHEERY THINGS? Do I also need to award the 'Most Depressing-in-a-not-really-depressing-way Book' award to you? I guess so. Get ready to applaud, people.

Back to the plot. It's about FORBIDDEN LUV!!! In that WE CAN NEVER BE TOGETHER way! I've never read Twilight but I think I know quite a bit about the plot and in my option, Shiver has a few of similarities to Twilight. I'll just name some.

1. Forbidden Love!!!
2. One paranormal creature+one human 
3. Insta-love. You may not notice it but it is there. Figure it out.
4. Sam is quite stalkerish. When it's winter, Grace will see the yellow-eyed wolf nearly every time.

We're lucky there's no love triangle here. I think I will faint by then.

I forgot to mention, but she practically FALLS IN LOVE with a WOLF.
Let's just assume that there are no such things as werewolves but there a such animals called wolves.
And Grace FALLS IN LOVE with a WOLF. Creepy or not? Tell me about it.

1.5/5 Stars
For writing such a wonderfully depressing atmospheric story. I've never encountered such a gloomy story before. I mean snow*winter+cold+forbidden love is written quite depressingly in this book.

Violet





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bundles of thanks to all that comment!