Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Review: Legend by Marie Lu



Description:

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem. 

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets. 

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills. 


***

My Thoughts:


WOW! Can I just say that this book is straight out amazing?!?! It's a real page turner and I was reading it none stop. I actually read in my social studies class a couple times. But it's just such a good book! I ended up reading it in 6 days! That's crazy! 

 Crazy.

Whenever I see this book on my bedside table or whatnot, I just want it. Gimme da book!


Okay, enough of that, I'm going to get down to the technical stuff.

 Trippy...

I love the contrast between the two characters but yet they are so much the same.  June is a smart rich girl who lives in her own apartment and Day lives in one of the poorest sectors of the Republic. June and Day both don't follow rules and are really kind. And...SPOILER ALERT!!!! They are actually both smart. Day passed his trial too! 

All done. You can read now. And even though for a lot of this book, the two characters are enemies, you still like both of them. Usually, when you read a book there's one person you hate and one you like. Sure, in this book there's still an ultimate antagonist, but I'm focusing on the main characters here. 

Sorry, but...SPOILERS! SPOILERS! I knew from the first time the two met, that they were going to develop feelings for each other. I was right. 


Also, I knew that her microphone was still on when they kissed and June didn't know. The microphone was inside her mouth, so imagine being on the other side of the microphone listening to that. BLECK!!!!! 

More spoilers! Okay, that word is starting to lose it's meaning. It's really cool how June changed from a loyal republic girl in the beginning, to a girl who absolutely despised her country in the end. The best books always have character development throughout the story. A book isn't good without it. 

On a different note (yes, still spoilers) I never trusted Thomas. Thomas was June's friend and she trusted her. I can't believe he killed his best friend just for the Republic. Yes, Thomas killed Metias. I have a feeling he was blackmailed by the Republic. I doubt he would have ever done it unless something like that happened. Maybe they threatened to kill his family. I don't know. We shall find out in the other books, I suppose. (end of spoilers, really sorry about that)

I just love that book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. It's a book good for anyone really. Whether you like science fiction or non-fiction. You'll love it. It's a piece of art! I just can't get over how much I loved it. I'm actually heading to the library in a few minutes to get the rest of the series. On a scale of 1 to 5 I give it a.....oh, the suspense!......drum roll please......a 6! Yeah...I know. It was so good, it broke the scale! I hope the rest of the series is just as good. 

~India <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bundles of thanks to all that comment!