Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton



Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.

 
***

Yay. We've both finish this book so we're gonna talk about this together! Whoopee! Not.

WARNING: There may be SPOILERS. 
Also, we'll be blabbering non-related stuff a lot so if you can't stand it, please don't read.

Casey: Awesome! Lotta ass-kicking! Love it.
Violet: What? So you agreed to read because of that?!
Casey: Um. Sort of. 'Cause of this line, 'Dripping with drama and gruesome battle imagery'.
Violet: I assume you loved this book because of that?
Casey: It wasn't gruesome enough.
Violet: *gapes* YOU ARE TELLING ME IT WASN'T GRUESOME ENOUGH?! 
Casey: Yeah. I've read even more gruesome stuff. Wanna try swimming with moray eels?
Violet: I've got a bad feeling 'bout that. Don't they bite?
Casey: 'Course they do. You're lucky you're a mortal.
Violet: *Snorts* Okay, enough of chitchat. What do you think about the plot?
Casey: Excuse me? Are you interviewing me?
Violet: Oh yes and I'm ordering you to reply right now or else you'll have the pleasure swimming with moray eels.
Casey: Fine. The plot was interesting enough. But too much mushy—
Violet: Stuff. Come on. I've read even more mushy stuff
Casey: Ooo... So you admitted you like 'them' eh?
Violet: Whatever. Let's get serious from now on.

THE PLOT.

We're sorry to say that the plot doesn't really intrigue us both a lot so we're not really going deep into that.

THE CHARACTERS.

Violet: Sometimes, I just want to smack the protagonist on the head with a hammer. She wants to remain humane as possible and she thinks partying is the way. Seriously? How many times has she gone to parties? Hey, I'm not against partying but she's the Preliator. Please. She should cut down on her partying. 
And I want to bring out one point that got half a star deducted from my ratings. SPOILERS. Don't say I didn't warn you. While she was in one of her parties, she got so drunk and was nearly raped. Yes, raped I say. So of course, the hero (Will) comes in to save her. And what did she do? Call him a SOB. Are you out of your mind, Ellie? A son of a bitch?! She's drunk, you may say. But calling your so called lover a SOB? Oh Ellie, I feel depressed for you. Probably your lover more. 
Now about Will. I'm so glad he isn't so serious in this book. He wants her and yet he doesn't want to hurt her, whatever he claims. No wonder I like Cadan better. 

Casey: NATHANIEL. Why?! I hate you, you nearly made me cry. You're one of my fav. characters. WHY?! 
Will, huh. Cadan, oh yes. There's a love triangle in this book yet it doesn't have, if that makes sense. A mixture of twilight and vampy diaries, surprise surprise.

Violet: OH and please wait. I've got this line to share coz I found it hilarious. Or maybe it's my low sense of sarcasm but whatever anyway. No spoilers. I'm not that dumb.

'Marcus's grin widened even more. "He [Will] sulks anyway."
"You should see the way he broods, too. It's very sad," I said with a faux frown.
"I don't brood," Will cut in. "Or sulk."'

THE WRITING.

Casey: What's wrong about the writing?
Violet: The writing's rather simple so I've got no problem reading it. Unlike Laini Taylor's. I've got a slight problem understanding her stories. I liked her writing though. It's vivid and clear which successfully painted a clear picture of her world to me.

EXTRAS.

None.

So we end here. Quite abrupt though. But we're like that.

Casey and Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bundles of thanks to all that comment!